CSR Breach Reporting ToolKit
The CSR Breach Reporting ToolKit service:
- Enjoys the longest service track record of interactions with federal, state, and international authorities as well as credit card brands and is considered by many to be the standard
- Plays an essential part of data life cycle management and incident response planning
- Reporting has met all requirements for accuracy, timeliness, and correctness
- Passed examinations by the Federal Reserve & Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Passed examinations by public corporations:
- Compass examinations
- Competency examinations
- Personnel examinations
- Is staffed and maintained by in-house privacy professionals
- Requires minimal time and resources to implement by partners
- Includes a complete collateral kit and training
Each year, millions of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) records are compromised because of data breaches. Reporting breaches to the proper authorities is complex; state regulations vary state to state and where federal law applies it preempts what individual states require. The card brands, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, as well as other pertinent national and international governing bodies also have reporting requirements.
Prominent regulation and regulating entities with unique reporting requirements include:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
- Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Secret Service
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- 48 Individual States, 3 Territories and the District of Columbia
The bottom line is that data breach reporting compliance is no easy task. The consequences of noncompliance are serious, and can include greater regulatory scrutiny as well as financial, civil and even criminal penalties for negligence.
How many businesses, merchants, employers, non-profits and various other entities that you can think of know how to spot a breach, much less know when and how to report the right information to a maze of oversight authorities at the right time?
A Solution to the Problem
CSR Breach Reporting ToolKit takes the headaches and hassle out of complying with data breach reporting requirements. Years of experience and extensive knowledge of data breaches and reporting requirements are put to work simply by making a call to our toll-free telephone hotline.
CSR Breach Reporting ToolKit’s Certified Information Privacy Professionals (CIPP) gather the facts to determine the proper reporting effort based on specific breach circumstances. Subsequently, legally-mandated reporting letters are carefully crafted to meet required specifications and delivered to the proper authorities within mandatory timelines on an organization’s behalf.
When it comes to data breach reporting, count on CSR Breach Reporting Toolkit to take care of all the details so that you don’t have to.
To learn more about CSR Breach Reporting ToolKit and talk with one of our privacy experts, please call 888.294.6971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
European Parliament Data Protection Regulation Vote Means U.S. Firms Must Comply - 03.13.14The European Parliament’s vote regarding data protection Regulation drives requirements that can be met by CSR privacy services that help customers conduct complete reviews, including gap analytics, of the life cycle of the data of customers, employees and vendors processed in their organizations.
CSRPS Granted US Patent for Data Breach Reporting Service - 01.07.14CSRPS’s new U.S. patent recognizes the method for expeditious reporting of lost personally identifiable information by the CSR Breach Reporting ToolKit® service.